Monday 16 March 2015

Mervyn King 26 Gram Darts Review

My main problem as a dart player is the passing of the dart from holding hand to my throwing hand. I have a fast throwing style which means I do not have the time to adjust the dart during my throw so the transition between hands is vital. I'm sure there are other players with a similar problem and it can be very frustrating, especially when your first 2 throws are perfectly in the treble 20 and the third dart strays into a 5 or a 1. I set out to find a set of darts that would combat this weakness of mine and after some research I found that a 'Scalloped' barrel would be perfect.

I browsed Reddragondarts.com for this style and stumbled across Mervyn King's 26 gram darts, they seemed like they would fit the criteria of what I was looking for, so I decided to give them a go.
Two days later they were in my hand and I was straight onto the practice board. The first thing I noticed when throwing was how easy they were to throw despite weighing 26 grams, the scalloped barrel enables some extra push from the fingers on release creating a smooth throw but did the darts give me the consistency that I desperately needed? Yes. The darts were grouping better than they ever have, the speed of my throw is exactly where I want it and most importantly, I need to change the treble 20 segment on my board after just 1 week.

Forgetting all of the throwing elements of the darts, they really are beautiful. The tungsten alloyed barrel is finished off with a PVD black effect coating which gives them a nice attractive shine. Red Dragon have rated the grip 2/5 (1= Smooth, 5= Aggressive) due to there being some extra grooves towards the rear of the dart, these grooves may be a small addition but make the difference in a dart weighted towards the rear.

If you are struggling with inconsistency then I would advise you try these magnificent pieces of tungsten. They could improve your game and make throwing darts even more enjoyable than it already is.

No comments:

Post a Comment