Wednesday 24 June 2015

Exclusive Kyle Anderson Interview




Kyle Anderson

Nickname: The Original
Born: 14th September 1987
Nationality: Australian
Darts: Unicorn
Weight: 23 grams
Favourite darts player: John Lowe
Current PDC Ranking: 47

Declan McCormick - You met John Lowe in December 2014. How did it feel to meet your darting hero? Did he offer you any advice which has helped improve your game?

Kyle Anderson - First off thanks you for the interview, I first met Mr Lowe back in 2003 whilst he did a exhibition in Elizabeth, South Australia. But to meet him on a personal level was fantastic, he was so humble and we had a brief practice together, he still hits bull like its turning on a shower. He just said to me that I have the game to trouble a lot of players and said keep a level head son and you'll be alright



DMcC - At the age of 14 you were quoted saying, "I like watching World Darts Championships, which are televised from England. There are so many people watching when they play, they must be under so much pressure!" You are now faced with the same problem. How do you deal with pressure when you are on the big stage?

KA - I must admit my first game on TV I absolutely caked it, not having any stage experience to that was a eye opener. Now I've been on stage a bit and feel comfortable up there. Just need to bring the it all together and should be fine



DMcC -  Its a known fact that you suffered from homesickness when you moved to England last year. What advice would you give to a player that is thinking about settling in the UK to pursue a career in darts?

KA - Homesickness will always be there, my fiancĂ© and son are back in Australia so I try go back every chance I get, you need to be very strong to do it. I've lived away from family before but this is different, time difference is a main factor whilst I'm asleep and vise-versa. Just have to concentrate on the reason you are here for, if you believe you can do it, give it a go.



DMcC - You have a massive few weeks coming up regarding your qualification for the World Matchplay. Leading up to 2015 did you set any goals for the year?

KA - My first goal was to qualify for the UK open. Then I had a couple good weeks on tour and got close to Matchplay and thought I'm in with a shot to get there. Just gotta do what I do to hopefully qualify.



DMcC - So far in your PDC career you have made history on a couple of occasions. You hit a 9-dart-finish in the World Championships and you recorded an incredible 134.84 average against Terry Jenkins, but what has been your proudest moment?

KA - I'd say my most proudest was qualifying for the PDC tour, Q-School was a daunting thing for me. Travelling all the way across from Mount Morgan, Queensland in Australia to Wigan, was a trek in itself then I had to hope all my game was there for the four days of qualifying. I was in no way confident of a first day card at the start, but as day went on I felt good and the results came



DMcC - Finally, if you could face any player in the World Championship Final, who would it be?

KA - If I could meet anyone in the final it would be my brother Beau. Just for the pure fact we both wouldn't feel any nerves and it would be a good final. When we watch each other play we are both nervous wrecks, but when we play each other we hate each other just sibling rivalry storyline I think



DMcC - Thanks very much for your time Kyle and good luck in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment